GiftBaskets.com, Inc.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Wet Market Visit


Last weekend, my family drove to my mother's hometown in Ubay, Bohol. We always look forward to going there for its fresh seafoods, available in the public market. Minutes after we arrived town, me and my husband were already at the wet market,trying to find some good deals of the fresh seafoods. And indeed we were lucky to buy at least a kilo of blue crabs and another kilo of mud crabs.

Few years ago, these kinds of crabs were sold at P80.00/kg. However, since there are already commercial buyers of these crabs in this town, prices has gone up.

Current prices of these crabs: P150.00/kg for both blue and mud crabs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Me and a friend are planning a trip to Bohol and I was surfing around the net and I came across your blog, I'm really curious about Ubay and PRes C.P. Garia, how can I get there from Tagbilaran? How much would it cost?

Thanks and you've got a very informative Blog!

Anonymous said...

Hello, from Tagbilaran City, you can take the regular V-hire or bus trips to Ubay. These vehicles are parked at the Tagbilaran City Integrated Bus Terminal. Fare for V-hire is P130 and bus is P100/person. Or better yet, you can hire a private car/van to bring you to Ubay. The cost of this range fromP3,000/day. From Ubay, you can take a pump-boat to Pres. Garcia. That I don't know how much is the fare. It's probably cheap.
E-mail me should you need assistance.